Monday, September 27, 2010

Little Jimmy

When we would go down to my grandparents house in Kingston as kids during the late summer time, we would look for caterpillars. Now these are not the ordinary caterpillars, these were the ones that would become monarch butterflies! Some years there were a lot and other years not so much. Well when we went down recently there were a lot of them and I came home with two, a really big one and one the size of my pinky fingernail (thanks Steve-o for finding them:). The little one got the name of Little Jimmy. My mom that he wouldn't survive but he ended up being the one who survived! The other one was found sadly on the bottom of the jar, may he rest in peace. Anywho Little Jimmy came out of his cacoon today at 11:20. . . yes yes, the time of his butterfly days. It was way cool to watch him come out and to watch his wings get real big (I may or may not have been carrying the mason jar around with me as I was leavin for my parents house like a little kid). Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. And you will notice that Jimmy and I are matching today, yellow and orange. . . it was a friendship made in heaven!




1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ah man! You got to watch Jimmy come out? Lucky duck...It totally was a match made in heaven. :) Nice job hatching your first butterfly all by yourself. :)