Sunday, November 14, 2010

Learning the skills. . .

It has been good to be living so close to home. One of the many perks is that I can learn from my mother some of her many talents. These learning lessons are the lessons that I have been needing and wanting to learn for a while. Of these talents I have now learned how to make the real good cinnamon rolls, to save corn on the cob during the winter, and also how to make my very own grape juice and how to bottle them. Thanks mom you are saving future generations:)!!!!! Here are some pics of the corn celebration after all the work is done. Jenn and I husked I don't know how many dozens of cobs, Addie helped a bit with her one or two. Mom did the washing and putting them in the pots. We then got the knives and went to work cutting off the corn from the cobs. I won't mention that boobing that went on by a certain in-law of the hot corn, but my fingers went numb from nerve damage:) Good times, thanks mom and Jenn!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Funny....i only remember you boobing....

Addie Joyce said...

haha reading this you got me. I thought, "Wait, I wasn't there?" hahaha I was honestly confused for a moment. pitiful.