Sunday, May 1, 2011

Glenwood Springs Colorado


So our next stop on our Spring Break '11 was Glenwood Springs Colorado. This place is absolutely beautiful! It's nestled, yes nestled, in a very little but long valley. This is a view from the hotel that we stayed at. You can see the naturally heated pools. The pools were so hot that we would have to get out every once in a while to get a drink or to get our bodies cooled off. The majority of the people there were the retired people. They seemed to all know each other and were friends. Some of the bathing suits they wore, or the lack thereof, brought giggles and open mouths of shock. I won't even try to describe the locker rooms, mother and I shall always treasure those memories!

So atop of one of the mountains is an amusement park, no kidding. To get to the top you had to ride these loverly things, the tram. 


Kaden and I were instantly banished by our parents into the front tram and they took the middle one. I have no idea why they didn't want to ride with us:) If you look real hard you can see how excited they truly are.

 A favorite and memorable sign in the tram. For those who can't read it: "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. Please remain calm and stay seated. If tram is stopped for an extended period, park personnel will contact you from the ground." At this point Kaden thought it would be just hilarious if he stood and tried to shake the car we were riding in. Naturally I started to scream for him to sit down, kind of lost my nerve, bless my heart. My first reaction and instincts was to look for my mother. All I had to do was point at Kaden while my parents were looking at us from behind. Mom did the univeral sign for Kaden to sit. He obeyed:) Point me!


 After winning and making Kaden sit down. We laughed about the warning sign. But no worries I took my revenge upon the poor boy. Let's just say it involved being in closed quarters with no ventilation and the ride lasting a whole lot of minutes:) That is all I will say on the matter.

The View on our ride up. Glenwood valley. 

Our first adventure at the amusement park. A cave tour. 

Our Tour guide is pictured below. He really liked our group a lot. Not only was dad picked to be the official door closer because he was the tallest but because he took us for a whole 30 minutes longer telling us stories. Our favorite part about the tour guide. . . his comb over. It literally wrapped around his whole head. Once again it's the little things in life:)

Inside the cave. Let's be hones I am not the best with pictures. So very limited pictures are taken inside the cave. Also pictures don't do justice of how pretty it was inside. 

So the picture below is where the first cave ended. We were out on a ledge at the top of the mountain. On the side of this picture is a contraption called the sling shot. It throws strapped people over the side of the mountain then back and forth. The town people say you can hear the screams. 

Since dad was the chosen one and the official door closer, he was given the speical nail when he closed the door to put it back in the lock so any outsiders couldn't get back in. Dad posing most beautifully for the picture. I think he was a wee bit embarrassed because everyone was looking as we were begging him to hold the nail up for a picture. 

Once again inside the cave. . .  

Other attractions at this amusement park: 4D movies, a slide kind of like the one at park city but more like a mini roller coaster, a restaruant, little shops, and lastly laser tag. Let me just say my family is full of CHEATERS! Not only would they grab your gun and shoot mercessly at you, they would totally break the rule of running around. I may or may not have done it to them too. Lots of laughs! 

All in all the trip to the top of the mountain was so fun. Sad to say I didn't get any pictures of the slide/mini roller coaster. The others took pictures but I neglected them. But if you ever get the chance to go to Glenwood Springs. . . GO!!!!!



3 comments:

Kaylee Steiner said...

You guys are hilarious! Trev and I laughed really hard as you described what you did as revenge on the tram. Hahaha! You are hilarious Laura. I love reading your blog. :)

Liz said...

This sounds like tons of fun!

Addie Joyce said...

Poor Kaden. I feel like I need to send him a teddy bear or something. I've been in closed quarters with you too many times...

LOVE YOUUUU!!