Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mom's in town

Ty had to hit the road for 2 weeks in a row, BLAH! My mom is so good and came down the second week to keep me company. It actually worked out really good because staff had to be cut due to low patient status. So me being a team player took some cuts and got to hang out with my mom lots!

We took a hike up the La Luz trail. Starts from the bottom and hikes all the way up to the top of the Sandia's. It is a total of 14 miles round trip. We made it up to 4.5 miles up the trail but it was FREEZING! We forgot to bring our jackets and with the wind and shade. . . it made it quite cold.

 The view to where we made it. Really pretty!


 Mom kept saying how her hands were swollen and they hurt. I looked at them when we finally got back to the car and couldn't help but laugh. Hahahaha!!!! Her fingers look like sausages:) Poor mom

 Made a trip to this loverly place. Since Ty and I had just hit it up I thought my mom might like it. Her she is pulling out the rocks from her sandals.


This leading into the visitor center





 The cool turtles in the pond. They all wanted a seat on the logs.

We also did a craft project which included a big world map and modge podge while enjoying The Hobbit:) I am so grateful for my mom and love her so much! Thanks for a great week mom!!!


No comments: