Friday, July 13, 2012

Apricots?

So. . . . I have been way excited for the apricots to come in this year. It's been fun watching the blossoms come and seeing the billion of apricots start to grow. I've been pumping myself up to make apricot jam, you know the really REALLY yummy stuff. I have picked 3 grocery sacks full trying to get the apricots more big and better. The poor tree has really been falling over with all the fruit. Bring on the jam!!! Getting giddy really. 
Then something happened. My apricots started to turn a different color than what I thought they should. I thought that maybe they got a weird bug or was dying from the heat. . . . Then I talked to my mother. Come to find out my apricots are baby peaches!!!!!!! What?!?!?! This is sending my brain into confusion. It's like when I was on my mission and my brother Logan and his wife Jenn sent me the video of the gender of their first born. I saw a 'B' up in the corner of the video and then it stopped. I thought they were having a baby boy. Then a while later they told me that their baby was a girl? Can I tell you it was weird seeing a baby girl instead of a boy when I came home. Took a while to adjust. Anywho. . . . . So I am proud to show you my peaches growing in the backyard:)


Here is the poor tree. . . it has lots of fruit on it. When the wind and rain comes through I get a little nervous for this guy. One branch has already broken. That's when I went out and weeded some apricots, oh I mean peaches, out.


As you can see from this picture I may need to go out with grocery sacks and pull more peaches off. 

This reminds me of 'James and the Giant Peach'. Bring on all the Peaches, BOOYA!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

I wish my tree looked like that with all the peaches. You can always make peach jam also. You are going to have fun bottling peaches.

Jenn said...

A peach tree! Lucky! We still have a mystery tree out back. Pretty sure it's not peaches. Enjoy your tree!

Addie Joyce said...

ahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! so not done laughing yet hahahahahahahahahahahaha ahhh ahahahahahahaha!! I love this story more than any words I know could express. I love you. and I've been wanting wanting wanting to can peaches so even though I am giddy with laughter please also know I am green with envy.

Jen Duke said...

That is really funny! That is a ton of peaches. You're still super lucky!