Saturday, July 7, 2012

Good day of fishing!

Yesterday Ty and I went to Cochiti Lake for fishing. Ty had just caught a fish and was measuring it when I caught a fish too. It felt big and was giving a good fight. Ty came over to help and brought the net. That's when we first saw that I had landed another Pike! We were both afraid that the beast was going to get away because I didn't have any steel wiring on my line and it's teeth could have cut it. After a little bit of fighting Ty was able to net it and bring it in. It is 30 inches and weighs 7 pounds! Man these fish are nasty!

Ty, as you can see, is not scared to hold it by the gills. The Pike was so big and still had some fight in him so I went for the great big hook instead. I didn't want him flopping around while holding him:)





Ty's sister McCall and her kiddos came that night while on their way up to Utah. So we naturally showed them the fish we caught that day. Ty caught 2 Large Mouths and a White Bass:)



3 comments:

Jenn said...

You go Laura!

Pauline said...

I promise you get your fishing abilities from me. Good job! (hehe)

Addie Joyce said...

I like that 2nd pic of you holding the fish. It's my favorite.