Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Backyard

Can I tell you how excited I am for our backyard! It's our little piece of heaven I tell ya...with grass. GRASS!:) The Skipper and Sue helped us shovel in new dirt for the garden. Sue and I planted peas and carrots. It is so fun to see the peas coming up and I am excited to eat it too:) As for the carrots....I don't think they will come up, the poor things. I was so excited to get out of work a couple hours early and head to pick up more plants to add to the garden.
Picture before the planting....


Got the plants in and all done


The lovely peas coming up






Our giant apricot tree with lots and lots of fruit

One of 3 apple trees. Not sure what type yet.....

number 2 and 3 apple trees

I planted sunflower seeds here against this wall. They are suppose to get 6 feet or taller. I am really excited for them

Another view of the backyard. The old owners left us the picnic table, score! And the 2 chairs are birthday gifts for Ty from his folks.

As I finished this all up Ty had just gotten home from work. He took one look at me and had disgust written all over his face. He asked why I had dirt all over my face. Just bonding with my garden I guess. Actually I was too lazy to walk inside the house for scissors to cut off the plastic labels for the plants. So I used my teeth to rip 'em off:)


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my, I love your backyard! It looks like a little piece of heaven. You go garden planting woman!

Debbie said...

What a pretty back yard Laura! Looks great! And look at you, you sassy girl!You are looking super great too! Miss you a ton!! :)

Wes and Dani said...

Looks great!!!!!!! How fun! :)