Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pinewood Derby

Well the Pinewood Derby and Blue and Gold Banquet are done, YES! Being Cub Master hasn't been bad at all, just the monthly pack meetings. The big months are January and February with the Derby and banquet. Lucky for me the other wards and another troop wanted to combine and do the Derby on one Saturday. Done! That meant the other troops were setting up and then we had to take everything down. Hands down would do that again. 


Tracks ready to go. We had 10 cub scouts racing and then 6 or so siblings.

Found this idea off of Pinterest. Not too shabby. We also had hot chocolate that the other troops had too much of, darn:)


The cub scouts cars. They did a pretty good job. The trophy's are in the back, 


I didn't take any pictures of the Banquet. That one I was running around too much. But our theme was camping. Had hot dogs, beans, potato salad, caprisons, and chips. One leader brought his camping gear and set that up around the gym. 3 boys earned their Arrows of Light and we had some older boys from the ABQ area come and present that to them. It was pretty cool. They were dressed up like Indians with long head dresses on with drums. The scouts seemed to like it. Dessert was smores. I had so much help with the other leaders and Ty that everything worked out great!

Now some pics of the Goob:)
People at work say that they don't notice I am prego until I turn to the side. Hmmmm, you can be the judge. Here I am at 32 weeks.


33 weeks




6 comments:

Jenn said...

Your derby stuff looks awesome! Whoop for extra help, pinterest, and creativity! And I love the belly. It makes me happy. :)

Grandma Sue said...

Love the car twinkies! Nice job Laura! And you look darling! Just a few weeks to go - yeah!

Pauline said...

I love my awesome daughter. Very nice derby.....well done.

Debbie said...

Laura! You are the coolest den mother! Those little edible cars are adorable!! And you and your baby bump are even more adorable!!!:)

Wes and Dani said...

You are the coolest ever. This is awesome! Makes me miss the ABQ ward a bit.

McCall said...

Car twinkies are TOO CUTE!