Sunday, June 5, 2016

Hiking up to the Saddle

Ty and I have been doing lots of hikes lately and they have been wonderful! Seriously! We have taken Bronson on the easy and simple ones but when they look difficult we find a sitter. Those hiking dates have been so much fun. The going out to dinner has become, well lets just say it, blah. It's so nice to get out in the beautiful weather and be active.
On Memorial Day we decided to hike and bring the Piglet with us. We put him in the pack and set off. Now I have to take him on the uphill because I fall all the time on the downhill. Really I do and it's pathetic, weak ankles? I enjoy the workout with him on my back and climbing up. This hike was serious. At many points I had to have Ty push my rumpus to get up a very steep part, due to lots of loose gravel. I will confess I was not the happiest hiker because I was scared of going back down and falling. But we made it! Was able to look over ABQ and then on the other side of the mountain the city of Tierjas. Really a beautiful hike (in between my moments of "this sucks"!)




Almost to the top......

Tierjas is over my left shoulder, didn't get a picture of it, but promise it is there.
  
City of ABQ

Proof that Bronson came with us. Soon after this picture we started our way back down. I was in front and the boys behind me. As walking Ty asked if he should take some videos of hiking down. I turned around to respond and saw him lose his footing and do a spectacular 10 second save. Good thing Bronson is buckled in, he could have fallen out. We had a pretty good laugh and said no recording. Bronson was a trooper on this hike. On the way down he got into the fits of giggles and lightened the mood and we tried not to fall.

Really enjoyed this hike and would do it again.....without a baby on the back:)

No comments: