Wednesday, February 10, 2021

November 2020: Unwanted visitor, Ruidoso trip, and Thanksgiving

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and the kids were playing outside. The sliding door down in the family room was left open from kids going in and out. I kept glancing that way as I was in the kitchen thinking that I needed to close it. After thinking that a couple times I finally went down to close it when I saw a SNAKE making its way into the house!!!! I nearly died and slammed the door shut, thankfully leaving the snake outside. I yelled for Ty and he came running to the scene. He quickly told me to have the kids stay in the sandbox so they wouldn't get near it. As I moved to the window to inform the kids they ran right past me before I could say anything and ran right by the dumb snake. Thankfully Ty ended the snake with a shovel, although the snake put up a good fight of striking it. Ugghhhhh. Man that still makes me sick



Bronson and Elise are under the box in the truck. Crazy kids.


Ty on a hike with his buddy John Mathews from work.



Fun getaway with the Richardson family to Ruidoso. We are so lucky and happy that they moved into our ward. We love hanging out with them and our kids get along great! We rented a cabin together and had a blast!




Went fishing at the Inn of the Gods. This is where Ty and I honeymooned. Beautiful area and so fun to come back.















Ty, David, and Elise went back later that evening for some more fishing.







Did the River Walk in town and it was beautiful!










On our way home we stopped by to pay respects to Ole Smoky the Bear. He was a little cub when Capitan was on fire. Firefighters found him on a tree with burnt paws and rescued him. He went to another state at a zoo for the rest of his life. When he did, they sent him back to his home in NM.









Thank heavens this park was open and not closed due to Covid. It was right next to the Smoky's and had lunch and got some wiggles out.




Drove to our next stop of the Lava Flow. Way too windy for me and Celeste, so we hung out in the van with Ashley.




How Bronson and Elise prefer to watch their games.

Helping Bronson Boy with school.

Their artwork collection. They love it and it drives mom crazy!













Marner and Papa Day are here for Thanksgiving!!!

They kids joining Papa for some exercise

Marner had Celeste fall asleep on her, lucky!

Ty got his sign ready for the arrival of the Tucsons. Sadly I never got any pictures of all of us together. We did however have loads of fun. It was a great Thanksgiving!!!! 



Ickles and I had our painting session. This guy is sooooo good! 


Sydney help me recover my vanity chair and the piano chair, VIOLA!




Yay for Christmas coming soon. The kids were beyond excited to help. 




No comments: