Monday, June 18, 2012

Surprise Utah!

My brother Andrew returned home after being deployed to Afghanistan. Ty and I decided that surprising our families and flying home to see him would be a good thing:) It was lots of fun to see him and to hang out with the families.
On Friday we went fishing with Ty's parents up to Deer Creek. That was a lot of fun and giggles on the boat, thanks Skipper and Sue:) We caught our limit! Here is a view from the lake looking at timp.
  Ty and the Skipper starting the gut the fish.
 So I have always felt like a nerd just standing there watching, so this time I asked Ty to teach me how to do it. He was very kind and had lots of patience, bless his heart.
 Yep that's me actually gutting a fish. I was afraid I was going to rip off the fish's head, but thankfully that didn't happen or I would have lost it.

The next day we went with my family to a new playground in Saratoga Springs. My family has been raving about it so they took us there. This is the pretty sweet rope pyramid.
 Ty and Ickles at the top. Yep I am a pansy and didn't make it up there. Did I ever mention that heights wasn't my thing?
 Saratoga Springs that day was having some kind of celebration and had a lot of the blow up toys there for the kiddos to play on. The wind that day was INCREDIBLE! Ickles and I were making our way to the jumping toys when we heard screaming and saw a huge one taking flight over the street. Sad thing was two little girls were playing on them and got thrown to the ground. I got to play nurse for a minute to make sure they were okay. But no worries the Life Flight peeps were there showing off the helicopter. So when they showed another big gust of wind came and another huge jumping toy took flight. It was actually funny to watch as people tried to dodge it. That's when we joined forces with others and took another big blow up toy down. Took us a couple minutes to get the air out and roll it up.
One of the blow ups went across a huge field and landed at the high school. Ya we were that cool to follow and try to find it. Don't worry 4 cop cars showed up to assist. That is when we decided to leave:)

That night the Day's got together and went up AF canyon to Mutual Dell for a cook out. Here they all are! We knew when Andrew arrived from the sounds of his BIG truck, even my nieces know the sound of his truck:)
Baby Kennedy
Babies Kalyn and Kenzie

The next day we all gathered for the blessing of Kalyn and Kenzie. Lt to Rt: Bentley, Jordan, Kyley, Kennedy, Ty, Laura, Kaden, Brynlee, Mom, Dad, Kalyn, Jenn, Addie, Kenzie, Logan, Andrew, and Jessica. I am so happy that we got time to spend with Andrew. It was so good to see him again and to hang out with him. One night I went bowling with Andrew and Jessica and that was lots of fun, and no it wasn't just because I won:)  He is such an awesome brother and I love him lots!!!!! So glad I got to spend time with him!!!!!!!

Ty had to get back to work and left Sunday. Since I am jobless this was a perfect opportunity for me to spend more time with my family especially Andrew. My parents and I took the grandkids and watched Madagascar 3. That is where Addie's flip flops fell off because of sweaty feet and she exclaimed "Oh my shoe fell off, slobbery feet"! The next day my mom and I went to 7 Peaks, thanks to the pass of all passes! Lots of fun to hang out with my mom and to people watch:) Thanks mom I love hanging out with you, love you!!!!!

Utah till we meet again. . . . :)

5 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

WOW - you know how to pack in the activities - what fun! We loved seeing you two!

Natalie said...

I'm glad you made it back to Utah. What a fun trip. You're a pro at gutting fish--you have to be...you're a nurse. You're used to the blood and guts.
Miss you. You're such a positive sweet person. You'll find a job soon. People can't resist your cute personality and good looks :)

Debbie said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T STOP IN TO SAY HI!!! Shame on you Laura!;( That's okay, I will forgive you! PS, your swim suit is really cute! :)

Laura Day said...

I know Debbie. . . That is why it was a surprise visit. We wanted to spend time with my brother since he got back from Afghanistan and we didn't know when we would see him again before he is deployed. We only saw family on this trip. Next time we are up we will try and get together:)

Jen Duke said...

I love that you blog so much. I don't always comment, but I really do love reading your blog. And I love that you post so many pictures!