Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

For Mothers Day Ty and I were finally able to hike to the Eye of the Sandias. We have been trying to go since February. Our friends Henry and Jana did a babysitting swap with us and they watched Bronson then later that day we watched Tim for them. We are blessed to have such great friends here in ABQ.
This guy, seriously a billy goat hair and all! He did this hike last year with the 11 year old scouts but was only able to make it half way. There was a blind guy that had to turn around and Ty helped him off the mountain. So this time Ty wanted to make sure he got to see the Eye. We had a 4 mile hike in only a little over 2 hours before Henry and Jana dropped off the boys to us. This trail is straight up the mountain, no joke! I was dying and Ty kept on going. He was very determined to make it!






Good thing I brought the camera, gave me an excuse to stop Ty and get a breather. Also the cactus was in bloom!






After climbing 1700 feet we got to the Eye








The view from the top was Incredible!



We were able to find our house too.


I guess the Mouth of the Sandias?






We both loved this hike and agreed we need to do more of these. Glad we didn't have Bronson with us. The trail was very steep with lots of loose rocks. I fell once and threw my hand into a cactus too, awesome. Ty had a couple of close calls too. 

I am oh so blessed to have these boys in my life! This sweet picture was taken at Ty's basketball game. Bronson wanted to sit next to his daddy. He did a great job sitting there and actually held still too.


What would Mothers Day be without Domino's awesome deal of 2 large 2 topping pizza's for $5.99 each. We capitalized and had them Friday AND Saturday. 

Love this little buddy of mine that made me a mother! 


2 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

So there really was an "eye" at the top. Glad you two got to enjoy the weekend. I love the picture of you and Bronson - you are such a good little momma and he's precious!!

Pauline said...

That must have been quite the hike. Do that once a week and you will be in awesome shape for sure. (Hehe)

You have quite the cute kid. Love the pics